Monday, April 14, 2014

My Earnest Prayer by Mildred Krentel


Lord,

Send me a surprise,

One that catches me off guard

And makes me wonder,

Like Easter.

Send me a resurrection

When everything looks dead and buried.

Send me light,

When my mind is empty.

Send me a thing to do

When I am just waiting around.

Send me a new friend

When I am alone.

Send me peace

When I am afraid.

Send me a future

When it looks hopeless.

Send me your resurrection

When I die.

I Thessalonians 4
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God.  First, the believers who have died will rise from their graves.  Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.  Then we will be with the Lord forever.  So encourage each other with these words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome