Monday, March 31, 2014

A Bag Of Tools by Sharpe


A favorite poem of mine…..to share and ponder. DKH
A Bag Of Tools
By:  R. L. Sharpe
Isn't it strange 
That princes and kings,
And clowns that caper 
In sawdust rings,
 And common people 
Like you and me
Are builders for eternity?
Each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, A book of rules;
And each must make - 
Ere life is flown -
A stumbling block,  
Or a steppingstone.

Don't you just love it?  I wonder……..
Do we so distract ourselves with busy-ness that we can’t focus on this process of building? Do we even realize that our everyday experiences and actions should be building on one another for God’s greater good?
Thought: Stepping stones are used to make our journey easier….over water, rough paths etc. Easy to follow .......with a clear end.  What do these stepping stones for eternity look like, do you think?…. …..love? hope?  peace? kindness? How we work out our salvation.......
 What’s spilling out of your “bag of tools”? Are we fully using them?


Please note: I will be posting for the next few months, every other Tuesday. Not each week. Many of the upcoming postings will be writings of Mildred Krentel which I have recently uncovered in her files.  I think you’ll enjoy many of her pieces, as I have.  So, don’t forget me……just visit me every other week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome